The other week I was hiking Apple Hill with my dog (Toby). As we rounded the corner near the peak I tripped over something buried in the grass. At first I thought it was a big piece of quartz but as I started digging it turned out to be a crystal ball.
I carried it up to the stairs at the top of of the field, placed it on the railing and it preceded to show me the future. As I watched in fascination, Toby ran up the stairs, shaking them violently, which caused the crystal ball to fall and shatter into a million pieces.
This is what I was able to remember...
- The US economy will continue to be up and down until roughly 2025. We should experience a major crisis or massive change between now and then.
- The US real estate market will face another significant drop once interest rates go up.
- All highway truck driver and taxi driver jobs will vanish in the next 10 years. Automated vehicles are already here, just not widely distributed yet. Eliminating the labor, hourly restrictions and human error behind truck driving will be the first to go since it has such a huge ROI. There will still be a need for local truck drivers to back into loading docks, etc.
- Retail is going to be divided into two categories. One is packaged commodities which will be dominated by Amazon and Walmart. The other is anything perishable or beautiful and worthy of experiencing (think high quality fresh food and beautifully designed high end technology products).
- The US will enter a period of growth, prosperity, technological breakthrough, and general positivity between 2025 and 2045.
- Once the oil price game ends with Saudi Arabia and prices jump up to record highs, the demand for alternative energy will be met by technology that is finally ready to harness the power of the sun (think Space X + Solar City + Tesla batteries).
- US tax rates are currently as low as you will ever see them in your life.
- Cancer, heart disease and type 2 diabetes will decline in the next 10 years due to better nutritional and lifestyle choices.
- People will eat more good fat, less refined carbs and stop worrying about meat.
- World population growth will peak and then start declining as female education and autonomy increases in third world countries.
Do you think these are way off or right on?
The picture above is a panoramic that I took at the top of Apple Hill. No I didn't find a crystal ball, I just felt like making up a story. :)
If you want more info on any of the thoughts above just reach out to me or comment below and I'll tell you where to dig further.